- Recognize and reward change makers. Let it be known that it literally pays to make a difference.
- Allow mistakes. Build awareness and encourage learning from mistakes. Making mistakes means you’re learning faster.
- Be assumption intolerant. Just because something is the way it is, does it mean it has to be that way?
- Admit when something is broken, and do something about it. “It has always been done that way” isn’t justification for broken.
- Allow constructive critique of any part of the business. At the same time, encourage solution suggestions, not just pointing-out the problem.
- Encourage mingling between departments. We learn best practices from others as well as understand the bigger picture of how different gears of the company fit together.